The L & LR departmnt is entrusted with the formulation of Policy,Acts,rules and procedurs relating to land administration namely, land reforms, preparation and revision of Records of Right(ROR), recording of share-croppers (Bargadars), vesting and distribution of ceiling surplus land, land records and survey,mutation
of ownership and conversion of classification of land, assessment and collection
of land revenue and cess, management of Government Land, requisition and
aquisition of land and in a nutshell anything and everything related to land.
Some of the Important Acts and Rules governing the Land and Land Reforms
Department are as follows:
- The West Bengal Land Reforms Act, 1955.
- The West Bengal Estates Acquisition Act, 1953.
- The Land Acquisition Act, 1894.
- The West Bengal Requisition and Acquisition of Immovable Properties Act, 1952.
- The West Bengal Land Tenancy Tribunal Act, 1997.
- The West Bengal Premises Tenancy Act, 1997.
- The Bengal Public Demand Recovery Act, 1913.
- The West Bengal Acquisition of Homestead Land for Agricultural Labourers, Artisans and Fishermen Act, 1975.
- The West Bengal Restoration of Alienated Land Act, 1973.
- The Kolkata Land Revenue Act, 2003.
- The Bengal District Act, 1836.
- The Bengal Survey Act, 1875.
- The Cess Act, 1880.
- The West Bengal Public Land (Eviction of Unauthorised Occupants ) Act, 1962.
- The West Bengal Thika Tenancy (Acquisition and Regulation ) Act, 2001.