Functionality of State Land Use Board
|Function of the Board |
A. The present task of the Board is to prepare Block-wise Land Use Maps in respect of the districts of West Bengal broadly with the following parameters:-
• Dry/barren land.
• Single crop area.
• Double/multi-crop area & rest information including non-agricultural vested land having an area of more than 10 acres in one plot or in contiguous plots are placed in the annexure of Land Use Maps
• Forest land
• Metal Roads
• National Highway/State Highway
• Railway network
• Water-bodies-perennial rivers/streams
• Degraded Forest/Bush.
B. Formation of Land Bank – The Land Bank is under process.
|Performance of the Board
- On the basis of initial satellite based Block-wise Maps prepared by the Department of Science & Technology and sample field verification by the District Offices of Land & Land Reforms Department & Deptt. of Agriculture, final Block-wise Land Use Maps of five districts have been prepared and formally published on 31.03.2010.
- Those five districts are Paschim Medinipur, Bankura, Purulia, Bardhaman and Birbhum.
- The Books on Land Use Maps of the aforesaid five districts were distributed to Heads of different Departments, all District Magistrates, all Sabhadhipaties of Zilla Parishads, concerned District level, Sub-divisional level and Block-level Offices of Land & Land Reforms Department, WBIDC, WBIIDC, Universities, National Library, Secretariat Library etc.
- At the second Phase, Block-wise Land Use Maps of following districts are to be prepared and the work is in progress :-
- Purba Medinipur
- South 24 Parganas
- North 24 Parganas
- The West Bengal State Council of Science & Technology under Science Technology Department have been allotted Rs. 7.23 lakhs to supply initial satellite based Block-wise Maps in respect of the districts at second phase.
- Zoning will be done on the Maps and the work is in progress in respect of the districts taken up in the second phase.
- At the third phase, the West Bengal State Council of Science & Technology under the Science & Technology Department have been allotted Rs. 3.63 lakhs to furnish initial Maps of the following districts –
- Uttar Dinajpur
- Dakshin Dinajpur